How to install Docker Desktop on Windows for Notebook Server on Windows 2016?

Jump to solution
08-31-2019 01:16 PM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

I am attempting to install Notebook Server with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1. I've reached the part in Install Docker for ArcGIS Notebook Server where you install Docker Desktop on Windows.

The Docker Desktop on Windows requirements, however, indicate that it is only compatible with Windows 10. Attempting to install it on Windows Server 2016 fails with the error, "Docker Desktop requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise version 15063 to run."

Am I missing something obvious here? How does one complete the pre-requisite step of installing Docker, in order to install Notebook Server, if one is running Windows Server 2016 (or 2019 for that matter)?

Thanks!

-peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

The current version of Docker Desktop for Windows, 2.1.0.2, only supports Windows 10. You need to obtain an older version, such as 2.0.0.3, which can still be installed under Windows Server 2016 or 2019. 

See Docker Desktop for Windows Stable Release notes for links to download older versions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

The current version of Docker Desktop for Windows, 2.1.0.2, only supports Windows 10. You need to obtain an older version, such as 2.0.0.3, which can still be installed under Windows Server 2016 or 2019. 

See Docker Desktop for Windows Stable Release notes for links to download older versions.

ErikLash1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Super helpful.

0 Kudos