Select to view content in your preferred language

High Memory Usage for GeoEvent Server

11-27-2023 04:31 AM
abhishek_choudhary
Occasional Contributor

Hi , 

I have just installed the GeoEvent server in the VM and with some basic configuration but still the memory usage remain around 100 % while running . we have also increased the RAM from 8GB to 12 GB . Can someone please suggest what should be the correct configuration to use in the VM . Below are some screenshot of the memory usage and allocation.

abhishek_choudhary_1-1701088224963.png

abhishek_choudhary_0-1701087930016.png

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kumar Choudhary

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenClark
Frequent Contributor

Hi Abhishek,

I'm a novice when it comes to GeoEvent myself, but I can think of two things you may want to look into:

1. Per ESRI's requirement documentation, they recommend at least 16GB of RAM to run GeoEvent. This page is for 11.2 specifically, but that 16 GB threshold goes back a number of versions.
  2. Are you using a bunch of geofences? It's my understanding that those are handled by RAM and can be quite taxing on the server. Even more so if their geometry is complex.

Good luck!

Ben

abhishek_choudhary
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @BenClark  for your suggestion , yes initially I was using 8GB RAM since I thought it would be sufficient for Non Prod server , but then increased to 16GB server  and it helped in decreasing the memory usage. 

0 Kudos