Hide the database files in a SQL SDE database

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 02:55 PM
ChadKopplin
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to hide the database files in our SDE database.  When I am in the database connection I see the feature datasets, feature classes, and the SQL SDE tables.  Thank you for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChadKopplin

I found out what the files are, the JTX files are job tracking files used with the Workflow extension, they are not database files from SQL like I thought.  Thank you for the assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That tells me :

1.  Your login owns those

2.  You didn't use sde user to set up your enterprise database

3.  You did use sde user, and you are using him as your login (not a good practice)

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

I used the DBO user to create the database, these files are created under the DBO user.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

And is your login part of the dbo group?  I used dbo once to set up an enterprise geodatabase by mistake.  I've always used sde to do that.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

Yes it is.

0 Kudos
ManviLather1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I understand that you are working with SQL server enterprise geodatabase with DBO schema and you want to hide the data present in an enterprise geodatabase from other users which are user mapped to the geodatabase.

Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding.

If you are data owner then you can grant and revoke the privileges of other users to select, insert, update and delete the data.

Here is a link for reference:

Grant and revoke dataset privileges—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, have a look at the below link:

Privileges for geodatabases in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Thanks 

ChadKopplin

Yes this is correct, I will take a look at this morning, thank you all for your assistance so far.

ChadKopplin

I found out what the files are, the JTX files are job tracking files used with the Workflow extension, they are not database files from SQL like I thought.  Thank you for the assistance.

0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

I removed the old extension, but the files are not removed from the geodatabase.  I manually removed them from the geodatabase after the extension was removed.

0 Kudos