Select to view content in your preferred language

Having issues executing a geoprocessing service that we published in ArcGIS Server. It fails immediately after executing it, apparently an error 000816 is the problem.

09-18-2014 08:47 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

I am having issues executing a geoprocessing service that I published in ArcGIS Server.  It fails immediately after executing it, apparently an error 000816 is the problem. It says that the tool is not valid.  For that matter, I will explain the process of authoring and publishing the geoprocessing service.

The service contains a model composed of five tools:

1. Get Job AOI
  2. Get Job Data Workspace
  3. Create Replica
  4. Zip FileGDB
  5. Send email with  zipfile attachment

As you can see two of the tools come from the Workflow Manager toolbox, one is from the Distributed Geodatabase toolset, one custom made, and the last one comes from the data extraction toolset within the server tools.  The first problem I encountered was that the model didn’t work in the background, so I change the geoprocessing option to disable background processing.  It worked in the foreground perfectly without errors, so I publish it in ArcGIS Server from a publisher connection succesfuly.

As mentioned before, I wasn’t able to consume the service because of error 000816. I ran it a synchronous and synchronous and it didn’t work.  I would like to know if Workflow Manager Tools can run in 64 bit in the background as part of a model and if geoprocessing services support Workflow Manager tools.  I also want to know what can be the cause of the geoprocessing service failure and what can be done to solve it.

I read this help ArcGIS Desktop and it seems that my inputs and outputs are correct.

Thank you for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
0 Replies