Feature services support for HTML pop-ups

Jump to solution
02-24-2015 01:44 PM
WarrenMedernach
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

In the following link it states:

HTML pop-ups

Feature services support HTML pop-ups configured in ArcMap. HTML pop-ups are a powerful and easy way to share HTML-formatted information about features. They work much like the Identify tool, except that the displayed information can be customized HTML. For more information about how to set up HTML pop-ups in ArcMap, see Setting HTML pop-up properties for feature layers.

I have an HTML Popup configured in a map as a URL, that is calling an aspx page and displaying a Google Chart in the HTML popup.  This is awesome and works great!  So, once I publish this layer as a service, how are these popups configured/consumed in a web map on AGOL?  IOW, how does one 'use' the HTML popup content as the feature service pop-up?

Thanks for any help.

Warren

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WarrenMedernach

<iframe>!!!!

For those looking to display the results/content of a webpage in popup on AGOL without custom coding, simply wrap your URL in a HTML iframe tag:

<iframe height='300px' src='http://your_server.com/some_webpage.aspx?some_param=some_value'></iframe>

The height/width attributes of the frame will expand the popup size.

Hope this helps someone.

Warren

View solution in original post

6 Replies
WarrenMedernach

Hello... ello... llo... lo...

Anybody?  Suggestions, comments?  Am I missing something so obvious that I should be embarrassed for asking this?

Warren

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström

Warren, when consuming your service in a web map in AGOL I think you have to configure the pop-up in AGOL. This is from the page you linked to:

"If you work with your feature service on the web and you want pop-ups to be available, consider defining them in theArcGIS.com map viewer instead. Alternatively, developers can use the client API itself, such as the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, to define pop-up styles."

Check out this link to read more about configuring poups in a web map.

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-pop-ups.htm

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Thanks Mattias,

I guess what I was saying is that, configuring the popup in AGOL is not working in the same way as the HTML popup.  I can display the URL as link, but I cannot display the 'contents' of the URL in the popup.  I'll likely just have to move it all into my own web template and build it out from there.

Warren

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

If the attribute is <html>  tagged, it can sometimes work....

htmlasattribute.png

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

Thanks Mark,

I've tried wrapping it in an <a href> tag, and all variations of popup configurations but still no luck.  Do you have a sample of the html format that worked for you?

Warren

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

<iframe>!!!!

For those looking to display the results/content of a webpage in popup on AGOL without custom coding, simply wrap your URL in a HTML iframe tag:

<iframe height='300px' src='http://your_server.com/some_webpage.aspx?some_param=some_value'></iframe>

The height/width attributes of the frame will expand the popup size.

Hope this helps someone.

Warren