Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to start the server machine "Server Name",Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.

02-09-2015 01:23 AM
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have installed ArcGIS Server10.1 in my machine(windows 7 Enterprise sp1 64bit) which was working fine,suddenly one day the server stopped and not responding at all. When tried to start the machine from arcgis server manager it pop up this error "Failed to start the server machine  "Server Name",Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence." also when tried to remove it pops up this error "Failed to unregister the server machine 'Server name'. Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence

I have tried to re-start the arcgis server from services, restart iis, delete the machine files manually(arcgisserver\config-store\machines) and  tried to add(registered successfully) and start server machine (same above error) but no success.

Do anyone have came with this kind of issue?? please help me out...AGSError.png

Regards,

Shaikh Rizuan

mail: shaikhrizuan@gmail.com

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I went for repair of ArcGIS Server,after repairing while creating site it pops up the same error "Failed to create the site. Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence." Please find the below image

AGSSiteError.png

Do anyone have idea, what could be the reason??? I am not able to find the solution....

Regards,

Shaikh Rizuan

0 Kudos
GaneshmoorthiM
New Contributor III

Do you have any special character on server host name? If yes, remove the special character and try to create the site again. Also please check the log file and error message.

0 Kudos
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

The same configuration was working fine earlier,Though I change the server name from "abcd123.er.iouokl.com" to"abcd123" and tried to create new site but not success. Same error pops up "Failed to create the site. Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence."

Also checked the log files which says "<Msg time="2015-02-09T16:31:08,190" type="SEVERE" code="6550" source="Admin" process="4476" thread="1" methodName="" machine="abcd123.er.iouokl.com" user="" elapsed="">Failed to start the server machine 'abcd123.er.iouokl.com'. Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.</Msg>"

0 Kudos
GaneshmoorthiM
New Contributor III

Did the server configuration storage locations has the required permission for ArcGIS account?

0 Kudos
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Yes, It has full permissions on the server configuration storage locations.

0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

There could be couple of reasons.

1. did you check the ArcGIS site service is runing fine ?

2. if yes, please check your license valid date.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Yes, license is valid  and site is running fine(could able to log in and see the services). At last i have re-install the ArcGIS server which obviously fixed the issue.

I hope some one can find the exact solution for this issue.

0 Kudos