Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature service webhooks error at 11.0

Jump to solution
08-23-2023 03:52 AM
bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Hi!

I am trying to create a feature service webhook and I use ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0. I have read that webhooks are in beta version at 11.0, but still, I want to make sure that I am doing everything OK.

When creating the webhook I get the following error: "Error: Feature Service must have Editing and Change Tracking enabled without Sync".

However, checking the feature service properties in the Portal, it looks to me that my setting are OK. I attach screenshot of my settings.

Anybody could advise on this?

settings.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 when you check the "Keep track of who edited the data" option there, it does not actually update the FeatureService with the required setting. You'll need to manually go into the Rest Admin for the service and update the capabilities to include ChangeTracking using the UpdateDefinition endpoint.

eg.

https://server.com/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFS/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

{'capabilities':'Query, Editing, Create, Update, Delete, ChangeTracking'}}

View solution in original post

11 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately in ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 when you check the "Keep track of who edited the data" option there, it does not actually update the FeatureService with the required setting. You'll need to manually go into the Rest Admin for the service and update the capabilities to include ChangeTracking using the UpdateDefinition endpoint.

eg.

https://server.com/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFS/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

{'capabilities':'Query, Editing, Create, Update, Delete, ChangeTracking'}}

bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Hi Kevin!

Thank you for your reply! However, when I try to access the "update definition", I get the following error:

"Could not find ressource or operation 'updateDefinition' on the system". I attach a screenshot of the error.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @bogdanpalade2 - You're attempting to get to updateDefinition from the Server Admin - updateDefinition is in the REST Services Admin, its a very subtle difference.

Your URL will look something like

SERVER.COM/server/rest/admin/services/Hosted/MyFeatureServiceName/FeatureServer/updateDefinition

0 Kudos
bogdanpalade2
New Contributor III

Thank you very much Kevin! This was the solution!

0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @bogdanpalade2 , @KevinHibma 

I'm also trying to create webhooks in Enterprise11.1.

I was wondering if your data is being submitted through Survey123? 

It seems Sync must be enabled for this but then 'TrackChanges' can't be on, so defeats the whole purpose if Sync is disabled users can't submit data and there are no changes to be tracked!

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Sync is not currently supported with ArcGIS Enterprise Hosted Feature Service webhooks. We have an enhancement to add support. However, adding this level of support comes with some technical challenges, as such, I can't offer any sort of timeframe of when/if we'll achieve this.

0 Kudos
PatriceLabbé
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KevinHibma,

So I understand that it is currently impossible with ArcGIS Enteprise 11.1 to use the "When a record is updated in a feature layer" trigger of the ArcGIS Enterprise Connector and then fetch for updates with the "Fetch updates, changes, or deletions from feature layer" action when using Survey123? 

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

The Survey123 webhooks work a bit differently than the Feature Service webhooks in what payload is returned. Without looking at the actual differences, I'd guess that no, you cannot use the Fetch updates from the S123 webhook.

In theory, the S123 and FS webhooks overlap:  Survey: "New Survey" = Feature Service: "FeaturesCreated". Survey:"Survey Updated" = Feature Service: FeaturesUpdated. It's just a feature service behind the Survey right? So you could probably create a FS webhook yourself on the service, listening for FeaturesUpdated, and then use the Fetch connector in Power Automate.

0 Kudos
PatriceLabbé
Occasional Contributor

I keep having the following error when trying to create a webhook on the Survey Feature Service : "Error: Feature Service must have Editing and Change Tracking enabled without Sync". I think, by design, it's impossible to create a webhook on a Survey feature service because Portal doesn't seem to allow enabling Tracking changes for Survey's Feature Services.

Suppose we create an internal ExB application in which we would like to start a power automate flow when someone modify a value of a field (ex : a status  - Submitted, Working, Done) and send an email when the status is Done. Is there a way to do this? The only thing we were able to do is use a Survey123 webhook with Send Edits enabled with a custom connector. But people need to be part of a shared update group and edit the form in Survey Web. Only editing in the form activates the Webhook, not in the datagrid. We think this solution requires too much permissions (member of a shared update group) and is not as convenient as using an Hosted Feature Layer View in a map or in an ExB application.

0 Kudos