Export web map and ownership-based access control

03-20-2013 02:21 AM
PerAngerud
New Contributor
Hi,

I have a tricky problem when I want to use the Export web map tool as a service for printing in ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.

First, I use ArcGIS for Server 10.1 Sp1 and the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight 3.1.

The problem occures on one of my feature services where I have ownership-based access control set. The service is configured so the user can't see (or edit) objects created by another user. I use Windows authentication on ArcGIS Server so the user doesn't have to sign in to the webb app.

When a user try to export the web map using the Export Web Map service I have created, the objects in the feature service created by the user aren't visible. I have found that the Export Web Map service uses the ArcGIS Server account while calling the feature service instead of the users account. Are there a way to configure the Export Web Map service to use the same account as the user?

Thanks for all help I can get!
/Per Angerud
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Yeah have a look at this:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/#/Printing_maps_that_contain_secured_services/01540000...

So you can add a specific connection to the tool. Hopefully that helps 🙂
0 Kudos
PerAngerud
New Contributor
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. However it doesn't solve my problem. Using the workflow in your link the tool still need to use a connection with a named user and it's password saved within it. I need to get the user credentials that runs the tool to be the same as the one using the webb app... If Paul is using the application, his user is supposed to be used running the tool. Otherwise the tool exports something else than Paul can see in his map.

/Per
0 Kudos
divyamgulati1
New Contributor III
Hi

I suppose you have versioned editing enabled for your feature service..
The Export Web Map task sends http request to the feature/map service to be printed. In this case it is may be sending request to the original service.
You need to synchronize changes made by the users to the original data for export web map task to work your way.
0 Kudos