Explorer for ArcGIS Error - User Cancelled Authentication Challenge

03-04-2020 08:49 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am suddenly getting error messages when trying to open maps from ArcGIS Enterprise in Explorer for ArcGIS  on Android and Collector for ArcGIS on iOS. When I open a map, then click the layers button, I get an error message under all of my layer names stating "User cancelled authentication challenge."

It worked perfectly fine yesterday, but it no longer works today. We did not make any changes to our internal network, so I don't know why it's giving me an error message now.

I will add that the web map works perfectly fine when accessing it through Portal (and when using the same account for both Portal and Explorer).

We are able to successfully sign in to Explorer, and it never asks for any additional credentials, so why would it say the user cancelled the authentication challenge when it never even asked me?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianIsdahl
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

I opened a case with Esri support and they concluded that it is a bug, most likely with Runtime. They said that they are aiming to fix this bug in the next release of Explorer, but it would probably be 3-4 months before it is released. Unfortunately, we are still stuck on Collector Classic and Explorer version 18 until this bug is resolved.

0 Kudos
PhilippeVDV
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan

Do you have the bug number of this issue by any chance?

Thanks a lot!

Philippe

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

No, unfortunately Esri never gave me a bug number for this. They acknowledged that it was something they were aware of (I guess before I contacted Esri support), but they did not tell me the bug number. To my knowledge, it still has not been fixed. We are now within the 3-4 month time frame of when Esri said they anticipate it would be fixed......and it has still not been fixed. I downloaded the latest Explorer update released this week and I am still experiencing the same issues.

0 Kudos
PhilippeVDV
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your answer. I have the bug number now: BUG-000133788. But for some reason it is not yet on https://support.esri.com/en 

Best regards

Philippe

PhilippeVanDeVreken
New Contributor

Hi Ryan,

What is your Esri case number for this case? Do you have a web adaptor for Portal and ArcGIS Server or do you use a third party load balancer? Our local Esri distributor wants to find some parallels between our case and yours, but therefore they need  your case number. It seems that Esri does not know yet the root cause of this bug.

Best regards

Philippe

0 Kudos