Do i  need to have separate authorization code for Portal 10.5.1? or can i use the ArcGIS Server Authorization code for portal?

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 08:54 AM
GaneshmoorthiMylsamy
New Contributor II

In My ESRI portal, Under 10.5.1 product authorizations tab. I am can to see only "ArcGIS Server" and "Level 2 Named user" authorization file and there is no separate authorization number for Portal for ArcGIS for 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillHarvey1
New Contributor III

Sorry.  Just re-read your email.   In the installation we just did we had to get a provisioning file for Portal and a separate provisioning file for ArcGIS Server.   ArcGIS Server is provisioned based on Server extensions.   For example, to use Image Server there is a specific provisioning file for it and another just for ArcGIS Server base install.    The provisioning file for ArcGIS Portal will have a certain number of Level 2 and Level 1 licenses based on your agreement and licensing you have with ESRI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BillHarvey1
New Contributor III

You need a separate authorization.

0 Kudos
BillHarvey1
New Contributor III

Sorry.  Just re-read your email.   In the installation we just did we had to get a provisioning file for Portal and a separate provisioning file for ArcGIS Server.   ArcGIS Server is provisioned based on Server extensions.   For example, to use Image Server there is a specific provisioning file for it and another just for ArcGIS Server base install.    The provisioning file for ArcGIS Portal will have a certain number of Level 2 and Level 1 licenses based on your agreement and licensing you have with ESRI.

GaneshmoorthiMylsamy
New Contributor II

Thanks Bill Harvey. 

0 Kudos