deploy batch 10.5.1 upgrade via Windows CMD

Jump to solution
02-12-2018 01:36 PM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I want to upgrade multiple PC's on our network using the command line I see it is possible HERE: Installing ArcGIS Desktop silently—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

However the help docs reference "Concurrent Use" I do not want to use concurrent use my previous installations are single use installs. will this method still work? if not how will the installer know to use a new auth # to switch to concurrent use?

my end goal is to paste(remotely) the setup.exe on the C:\ drive (of all my client PC's) and schedule windows task to run the batch script at say midnight to upgrade the installs to 10.5.1 without any need for user interaction.

Also, the ESRI LICENSE HOST ='mahcine_Name'.... this will need to call each unique PC name to locate the license manager... how can I can through the dynamic variable int there to use the local machine name? Or do I need to make 20+ unique copies of this and for each use the specific host machine?

EDIT: I see the SEAT_PREFERENCE=Fixed can be used for a single use license.

EDIT: The dynamic PC name can use the following: %COMPUTERNAME%

all advice is welcomed.

Installing ArcGIS Desktop silently—Help | ArcGIS Desktop     

<setup staging location>\setup.exe ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=GIS SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional SEAT_PREFERENCE=Float DESKTOP_CONFIG=TRUE INSTALLDIR1=C:\python27 /qb
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I was successfully able to accomplish this.

running the 10.5.1 installer will download the needed files for the 10.5.1 upgrade (in 1 folder named "Desktop").

place this folder on target PC's C:\ drive with a .bat file

START C:\Desktop\setup.exe ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=%COMPUTERNAME% SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional SEAT_PREFERENCE=Fixed DESKTOP_CONFIG=TRUE INSTALLDIR1=C:\python27 /qb

create a windows task to run the .bat file and desired time and repeat as necessary for other PC's.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

I was successfully able to accomplish this.

running the 10.5.1 installer will download the needed files for the 10.5.1 upgrade (in 1 folder named "Desktop").

place this folder on target PC's C:\ drive with a .bat file

START C:\Desktop\setup.exe ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=%COMPUTERNAME% SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional SEAT_PREFERENCE=Fixed DESKTOP_CONFIG=TRUE INSTALLDIR1=C:\python27 /qb

create a windows task to run the .bat file and desired time and repeat as necessary for other PC's.