Define tile servers of tiled map services

08-04-2016 05:10 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Certainly a dummy question but I can't find where it is possible to define the 'tile servers' property of a tiled MapService.

For example, on the REST API of the following service, we can read the property 'Tile servers'  :

http://tiles4.arcgis.com/tiles/Pu6Fai10JE2L2xUd/arcgis/rest/services/CampusGreyScale/MapServer

I thought it was because it is an ArcGIS Server 10.4 and I am using 10.3.1 but according to the documentation it appeared at 10.1

ArcGIS Server REST API

I did not find it neither at the publication of a cached service nor somewhere on the ArcGIS Server manager, so where is it ? What did I miss ?

Many thanks for your help,

Nicolas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure that this is an ArcGIS.com property. I don't have this one my servers, and the example you're pointing to is an ArcGIS.com tile server.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hello Randall,

Thanks for the answer.

It is a bit strange though that it is in the REST documentation of the ArcGIS Server if you cannot define it when you have an ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Hi

One should be able to create multiple A-Records and have multiple sub-domain (up to 4) servers though. this is done using Image Extension for ArcGIS Server, so it is strange that ESRI would only have this ability for a MappingServer (Cached Tiles in this case).  Further, as Nicolas has pointed out, to also have a TilesServer Property in the REST API available and stated in the documents is odd.

I am also stumped on how one would configure this on the ArcGIS Server side.  No problem understanding the purpose and web side of it, but how this is setup is something I'd like to know.

Side references: Using multiple subdomains with a tiled service layer | ArcGIS Blog

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hello Randall,

In fact, what I would like to do is using a Tiled Service with subdomains  as basemap in the JS API.

But according to the JS documentation, it is only possible for 'WebTiledLayer' that is to say non-ESRI based :

BasemapLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.1

So, I thought I could do just like in the following example where the baseMapLayer seems to retrieve the tiles servers property from the REST API :

http://tryitlive.arcgis.com/CampusPlaceLocator/index.html

Does it mean that there is no way to define an ESRI Tiled Service with subdomains as basemap (and be able to easily switch basemap) ?

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas

0 Kudos