Data Store upgrade error: Prerequisite Check

Jump to solution
01-29-2019 07:47 PM
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

Attempting to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise from 10.5.1 to 10.6.1 on Linux SLES 12 SP3. Upgrade has been successful for Portal/Web Adaptor and Server/Web Adaptor. When upgrading Data Store we received an exception (see attached) "com.esri.arcgis.datastore.common.DatastoreException: Invalid parameter (dsSettings)" for the Prerequisite Check.  We rolled back to a pre-upgrade snapshot and removed all registered data stores before upgrading as a test. Same error. Has anyone seen this error and what it might indicate?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

After running through this issue with Esri support we ended up having to unregister the existing relational and tile cache data stores, upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.6.1, and then configure the new data store. We were never able to successfully re-register the tile cache data store, but it no longer was a dependency of our system. The following were the documented support steps.

RECAP

• Running the configuration wizard in Firefox, user showed me where the error message occurs during the prerequisite check.
  • Attempted to run the configuredatastore.sh to see if the error message is the same.
    • Different error message "Attempt to configure the data store failed…Extended error message. The specified GIS Server site already has a managed data stored."
  • Navigated to Server Manager and noted that there is registered Data Store that is not validating successfully.
  • Ran the describedatastore.sh tool and received error stating that it is not initialized.
  • Ran netstat -aon | grep 2443 and that port was listening, but running netstat -aon | grep 9876 and that port was not listening.
    • User showed me that the Firewall is turned off completely.
  • Informed user that we could temporarily unregister the Data Store and reconfigure the Data Store.
  • Unregistered the Data Store and attempted to run the configuredatastore.sh.
    • This was successful.
    • Successfully configured the Tile Cache Data Store, but it does not show up in the Server Manager.
  • Trying to unregister or register from the browser gives an extended error message.
  • User informed that he will restore to a snapshot and attempt to run this again to see if he can get the Tile Cache to store.
    • Will update me on the progress.
  • Noted that in the syntax, only one "-" was referenced instead of two "--" for the stores option.

RECAP #2

• User rolled the Data Store back to 10.5.1.
  • Unregistered both the relational and Tile Cache Data Store and began the upgrade process.
  • Successfully registered through the configuredatastore.sh in the terminal, but only the relational works again.
  • The Tile Cache returns the same error message.
  • Ran netstat -aon | grep 29080 29081 and those ports were not listening.
  • Verified that firewall is turned off and that there is no third-party anti-virus software.
  • Mentioned that port 5968 relates to the couchdb folder relates specifically to the Tile Cache.
  • User mentioned that they may not need the Tile Cache as they upgraded from 10.1-10.5.1 and there may be some clutter leftover.
  • Temporarily disabling it and starting their services appears to have no affect; everything is still working just fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSimms1
Esri Contributor

Adam,

Can you check for the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 - Service Pack 2 - ArcGIS Data Store 10.6.x system requirements—ArcGIS Enterprise system requirements | ArcGIS Enterpri... 

If you want to install the software, run the ArcGIS Software Authorization Wizard, or run the Check for Updates tool using the operating system graphical user interface (GUI), the X Window System package group is required.

Hope this gets us started.

- Jake

0 Kudos
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

Jake,

Thanks much for the response. We have reviewed our system and meet all requirements. The only change from 10.5 to 10.6 are memory requirements. I assume you were asking us to verify requirements for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 - Service Pack 2, and not suggesting we roll back to SLES12 SP2, as it was end of life March 31, 2018. With no subsequent security upgrades rolling back to SLES12 SP2 is not an option.

The authorization wizard was run, and it is how we activated ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 with the new provisioning file. The patch notification tool was run, and while there are listed patches, I see nothing for Server or Portal that seems it would impact Data Store. If you are aware of specific patches that would impact the install please let us know what those would be.

Does that address your suggestions?

Adam

0 Kudos
JakeSimms1
Esri Contributor

Adam,

Correct in your assumption regarding checking the recs for the service pack.

I see that you have opened a case with Esri Technical Support. I will defer to them for the time being. If a resolution is found please post that resolution so the community can benefit from your knowledge regarding this issue.

- Jake

0 Kudos
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

After running through this issue with Esri support we ended up having to unregister the existing relational and tile cache data stores, upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.6.1, and then configure the new data store. We were never able to successfully re-register the tile cache data store, but it no longer was a dependency of our system. The following were the documented support steps.

RECAP

• Running the configuration wizard in Firefox, user showed me where the error message occurs during the prerequisite check.
  • Attempted to run the configuredatastore.sh to see if the error message is the same.
    • Different error message "Attempt to configure the data store failed…Extended error message. The specified GIS Server site already has a managed data stored."
  • Navigated to Server Manager and noted that there is registered Data Store that is not validating successfully.
  • Ran the describedatastore.sh tool and received error stating that it is not initialized.
  • Ran netstat -aon | grep 2443 and that port was listening, but running netstat -aon | grep 9876 and that port was not listening.
    • User showed me that the Firewall is turned off completely.
  • Informed user that we could temporarily unregister the Data Store and reconfigure the Data Store.
  • Unregistered the Data Store and attempted to run the configuredatastore.sh.
    • This was successful.
    • Successfully configured the Tile Cache Data Store, but it does not show up in the Server Manager.
  • Trying to unregister or register from the browser gives an extended error message.
  • User informed that he will restore to a snapshot and attempt to run this again to see if he can get the Tile Cache to store.
    • Will update me on the progress.
  • Noted that in the syntax, only one "-" was referenced instead of two "--" for the stores option.

RECAP #2

• User rolled the Data Store back to 10.5.1.
  • Unregistered both the relational and Tile Cache Data Store and began the upgrade process.
  • Successfully registered through the configuredatastore.sh in the terminal, but only the relational works again.
  • The Tile Cache returns the same error message.
  • Ran netstat -aon | grep 29080 29081 and those ports were not listening.
  • Verified that firewall is turned off and that there is no third-party anti-virus software.
  • Mentioned that port 5968 relates to the couchdb folder relates specifically to the Tile Cache.
  • User mentioned that they may not need the Tile Cache as they upgraded from 10.1-10.5.1 and there may be some clutter leftover.
  • Temporarily disabling it and starting their services appears to have no affect; everything is still working just fine.
0 Kudos