Create View in MapViewer

02-24-2022 01:39 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

We are using ArcGIS Server 10.9.1. In map viewer, I joined a feature layer and a related table to create a view.  In the image, the create hosted feature layer view is at the bottom. That is how I created the view.

Ignore all the inputs as those are not accurate. For those not familiar, I just wanted to show you what I have done. 

When clicking this option it creates the join and the view.  However, I now have a serious problem. I use these feature layers for Field Maps App and I cannot edit the lists in the fields. I need to add someone's name and now I can't. I even removed the join layer and that didn't work. In the list of values image below, you can see there is no edit button.  I cannot figure out how to edit. The only way around this would be to recreate it but since it is a live app I really don't want to.  Any ideas? Suggestions? Thank you. AnnettePoole1_0-1645737883428.png

AnnettePoole1_1-1645738334752.png

Thank you, 

Annette 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you can change things like that when there's a dependent view created from it, but you might try using the FeatureLayer.manager.update_definition function in the ArcGIS Python API to edit the domain.

First, use FeatureLayer.properties to pull the JSON of the layer. Then manually edit the "codedValues" object and pass the edited JSON back into the update definition function.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS