Create Enterprise Geodatabase Error.. Error connecting to database as geodatabase admin.

05-28-2019 12:51 AM
PriyaAggarwal1
New Contributor III

I am trying to create first enterprise geodatabase in PostgreSQL. this error occurs. What should I do?

Below the error:

Error connecting to database as geodatabase admin.

Executing: CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase PostgreSQL (IP Adress) MyData DATABASE_AUTH postgres ***** SDE_SCHEMA sde ***** # "keycodes"
Start Time: Tue May 28 13:03:52 2019
User has privileges required to create database objects.
Geodatabase admin user created.
Database created.
Error connecting to database as geodatabase admin
Failed to execute (CreateEnterpriseGeodatabase).
Failed at Tue May 28 13:04:10 2019 (Elapsed Time: 17.88 seconds)

Thanks for the help in advance. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you using ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap/ArcCatalog for the GP tool?

Can you try to name the GDB in all lower-case; https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geodatabases/manage-postgresql/setup-geodatabase-postgre...?

Have you followed the steps in the above help for creating the EGDB within Postgres?

Geodatabase

--- George T.
0 Kudos
PriyaAggarwal1
New Contributor III

Hi Thompson,

I'm using ArcMap 10.2.2.

When I run Create EGDB tool for making EGDB in postgreSQL, than a SDE user and schema is auto created in postgreSQL but this SDE connection is not becoming geodatabase administrator. 

I move st_geometry.dll file to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\lib, but still postgres is not creating Geo database. 

I am not sure about the issue, may be its postgres or arcmap version compatibility issue. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What is the version of Postgres that you are using?

Here are the supported Postgres versions for 10.2.x; https://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/#/PostgreSQL_Database_Requirements/015...

I would HIGHLY recommend moving to at least 10.7 or use ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3 (latest version).

--- George T.
0 Kudos