Updated Server/Web Adaptor, Services Don't Appear in Web Maps

322
4
Jump to solution
05-28-2019 07:06 AM
MollyFoley
Regular Contributor

I just updated our AGS and Web Adaptor (IIS) from 10.6 to 10.7. All of our web maps do not show any of our services and I can't figure out why.

  • I can access the rest services page from both our web adaptor and the server machine.
  • I can login to manager from our server machine and a non-server machine but using a specific URL instead of the web adaptor URL because we disabled admin access from the web adaptor.
  • All services are running. I have attempted to restart the entire server and no change.
  • We have a self-signed certificate but I don't think that should matter (we're working on getting a CA certificate) as that's what we were doing on 10.6 as well.
  • I have validated the databases in manager.
  • I have entered the new keycodes in desktop to make my SDE databases accessible.
  • We are not using Portal.
  • We had to do a silent install of the web adaptor and it was successful. We went through the setup program for AGS.
  • The service I am testing with is a public service, but none of the secure ones work either.
  • We upgraded AGS before upgrading the web adaptor. We uninstalled the 10.6 web adaptor before upgrading it to 10.7
  • Ran "Repair" on the installation which prompted me to build a new site (I had tried to restore after I couldn't get into manager anymore and it failed, so when I ran the repair I assume that's why it had me build a new site). I did that and it loaded up all my stuff probably because I didn't delete the arcgisserver directory before making the new site. I was able to access manager again.

EDIT: So it looks like when I go to my rest service and look at the map service layers, nothing shows up, which would explain why I can't see anything on the web maps. How do I fix this? My Server Account has full permissions to everything. 

Really need some guidance here.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MollyFoley
Regular Contributor

I did do a backup/restore, but the restore failed, so what I did was run "Repair" on the ArcGIS Server program, once I did that, I was prompted to build a new site. I created the new site without having deleted my arcgisserver folder so the new site maintained all my services/users/roles (I think that's why, not 100% on that). When I created my new site, the connection with the web adaptor disappeared obviously, so I re-configured that and my services started showing up again. I'm really not sure what went wrong to begin with, but I'm happy it's working now!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hey Molley,

  1. Did you create a backup of ArcGIS Server before performing the upgrade?
  2. Are you able to publish new services successfully?
0 Kudos
MollyFoley
Regular Contributor

I did do a backup/restore, but the restore failed, so what I did was run "Repair" on the ArcGIS Server program, once I did that, I was prompted to build a new site. I created the new site without having deleted my arcgisserver folder so the new site maintained all my services/users/roles (I think that's why, not 100% on that). When I created my new site, the connection with the web adaptor disappeared obviously, so I re-configured that and my services started showing up again. I'm really not sure what went wrong to begin with, but I'm happy it's working now!

0 Kudos
mchristmas5mchristmas5
New Contributor

Have made sure your service url in your webmap are not difference pointing to a different folder name? for example https://arcgis/rest/services/10.7/mapserver for example   Have you tried publishing a dummy layer to see if you can see it when you pointed into your web application? Have you restarted IIS?

0 Kudos
MollyFoley
Regular Contributor

I didn't change any of the directories where the services reside, so all the URLs should be fine (10.x is not included in any rest service URLs). I didn't end up needing to test the dummy layer, but thanks for the suggestion. I ended up doing this:

I did do a backup/restore, but the restore failed, so what I did was run "Repair" on the ArcGIS Server program, once I did that, I was prompted to build a new site. I created the new site without having deleted my arcgisserver folder so the new site maintained all my services/users/roles (I think that's why, not 100% on that). When I created my new site, the connection with the web adaptor disappeared obviously, so I re-configured that and my services started showing up again. I'm really not sure what went wrong to begin with, but I'm happy it's working now!

0 Kudos