Composite Locator Error

03-13-2018 08:00 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All

im attempting to create a composite locator via python in a 10.5.1 environment and get the following error message:

ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000039: Not enough reference data tables for this style.
Failed to execute (CreateAddressLocator).

Im creating the composite from a group of single field locators that are made from shapefiles. I have a 5 locators being made and then merged into the composite, lets call them A-E. Locator E is the one that continues to cause the error. If i take "E" out of the equation the process runs fun and im able to create my composite locator.

So it appears the process and code are fine, im not exactly sure what to be looking at with the shapefile that would clue me in on what is causing the error. There dont seem to be any major components of the shapefile missing.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Can you:

1. Create and use the problem child locator on it's own without python?

2. Create the composite with/without the problem child locator with out python and get the desired functionality?

Can you provide some more details regarding the problem child data/locator?  What kind of data are you accessing (point, line polygon) is there an alias table or alternate names table involved?  From the error that is my first guess, that you missing a piece the locator is looking for.

Are you truly using shapefiles or are you using feature classes in some flavor of a geodatabse?  I ask because you posted this in the ArcGIS Enterprise section.  My personal preference to creating locators is to use data that exists in a file geodatabse.  That data can come from an enterprise gdb in the form of replication or some other process like delete/append.  If you are truly using shapefiles, do yourself an favor and move them into the file geodatabase environment.

That should just about do it....
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

What happens if you just add locator 'E' to the composite by itself?

Are locators A-E using the same locator style?

0 Kudos