Select to view content in your preferred language

Change data Source of published map service

03-18-2015 10:41 PM
MukeshA
Deactivated User

Hello,

Is there any way to change the data source of the published Map & Feature services?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
FilipKrál
Frequent Contributor

My tile cache is finally fully functional again.This is what worked for me:

First, I could not delete any of the cache files in Windows Explorer or using the Delete Map Server Cache tool. So I restarted the machine. Then I used Delete Cache Tiles to get rid of all the tiles. Luckily, the tool worked this time, but I had to define the caching in service properties again and I selected "update cache manually". Then I used Manage Map Server Cache Tiles tool to generate the cache from scratch. Fortunately my tile cache is quite small so it didn't take long to re-generate it.

Then I installed ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server Map Cache Consumption Patch which I believe is the one Michael Volz​ had in mind. I haven't had a chance to try it again just yet, but hopefully I won't run into the same issues next time.

Many thanks for all your help.

Filip.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Filip:

Have you deployed the patch to fix this issue in v10.2.2?

Do you have the ability to upgrade to v10.3.x where this bundling issue has been resolved without the need for a patch?

AveKargaja
Deactivated User

There is a possibility to export/import map server cache when republishing tiled services - it helps to save a lot of recaching time.

mariuskolleck
Occasional Contributor

Changing a layers datasource in ArcMap and restart the service works fine for me.

0 Kudos
MukeshA
Deactivated User

Hi Marius, Which layer you are talking about?

Are you saying the data source for the layer in published MXD?

0 Kudos
mariuskolleck
Occasional Contributor

exact!

0 Kudos
MukeshA
Deactivated User

Ok, I will try this.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos