Cannot get the WebGIS Configuration

Jump to solution
01-09-2020 01:09 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Portal Experts,

I have a staging environment that is having problems running the WebGISDR utility and so cannot perform backups successfully:

Cannot get the web GIS configuration.

I have two environments with the following configuration (this is the production env and is working successfully):

The production environment is working fine as in the above screenshot.

I have been running the backups via a scheduled task and running with a service account with admin privileges on the portals.

The config file is like this:

I've successfully managed to export a site/backup for each and federation validates successfully.

Has anyone come across anything similar?

Thanks!

Dean

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version are you using? Depending on your version, there could be an option to enable the HTTP logs for the DR tool. That would help you identify what request is failing, and why. That setting would be in the logback.xml file under the DR tool folder:

<root level="DEBUG">
    <appender-ref ref="file"/>
  </root>
   <!-- Disable the org.apache debug log -->
  <logger name="org.apache" level="DEBUG" />
  <logger name="httpclient" level="DEBUG" />

I think we've improved that error in the latest versions, so it'd be interesting to hear what version you're on.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version are you using? Depending on your version, there could be an option to enable the HTTP logs for the DR tool. That would help you identify what request is failing, and why. That setting would be in the logback.xml file under the DR tool folder:

<root level="DEBUG">
    <appender-ref ref="file"/>
  </root>
   <!-- Disable the org.apache debug log -->
  <logger name="org.apache" level="DEBUG" />
  <logger name="httpclient" level="DEBUG" />

I think we've improved that error in the latest versions, so it'd be interesting to hear what version you're on.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Jon,

I'm on 10.7.1 for both environments, and yes, unfortunately the WebGISDR error was a little general to assist with troubleshooting.

The Debug logs helped find whether the error was, which was related to the authentication of one of the Image servers in IIS.

Interestingly, when the geoevent server was having a similar issue, it simply skipped past the issue saying "Failed to back up the ArcGIS Server:"

Unfortunately once it completed it simply deleted the backups and didn't perform the packaging operation, but did package once all of the servers were reverted to correct parameters.

I'm sure that as the tool is improved it will be possible to gather the shared configuration even when one of the servers is not reachable, and to package the export prior to deleting the separate backed up components.

Thankfully though, with the debug logs the needle was removed from the haystack and placed in plain sight.

Thanks Jonathan Quinn

Dean

0 Kudos