CachingToolsEx randomly crashing

12-18-2019 09:09 AM
spiskulaspiskula
New Contributor III

Hello,

Since a while when running tile caching of a Map Service published from ArcPRO 2.4 on Standalone ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 on Windows 2016 (Azure VM size F64) i get randomly, after different periods of time, following crashes in ArcGIS Server Logs:

SEVERE18 Dec 2019 15:15:03Service containing process crashed for 'System/CachingToolsEx.GPServer'. Please see if an error report was generated in 'C:\arcgisserver\logs\<machine_name_here>\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file.Server

No reports generated in ‘C:\arcgisserver\logs\<machine_name_here>\errorreports’

I found in n Windows  Logs>Application:

Faulting application name: ArcSOC.exe, version: 12.4.0.19608, time stamp: 0x5ce60b9f

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.2999, time stamp: 0x5ce36be6

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000006e00e

Faulting process id: 0x8428

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b5b5ea7edd76

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\bin\ArcSOC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: f3697555-71cc-413a-af0f-cefe7c06c911

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

It happens that caching would run fine for 4-5 days, it happens it crashes after 8hours. I cannot see a pattern so far.

Any thoughts please?

Regards,
Szymon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SurajPai1
New Contributor

Just wondering if you managed to resolve the above issue? I'm also seeing similar issue at version 10.7.1

0 Kudos
spiskulaspiskula
New Contributor III

Hi Suraj,

I dont have a solution yet. Can you please collect as many details of your issue and place them here? What sort of machine are you using/virtual in cloud or phycical?

What exact operating system?

What version of ArcPRO?

Please provide as many details about your data as possible - local FGDB or referened from SDE?

What antivirus?

Under what account do you run ArcGIS Server - local or domain?

Does the issue happen always for the same area that you cache or is it random?

Do you ever get your cache build successfully?

Do you have a pattern that would allow reliably reproducing the issue?

Please, the more details you provide the easier it will be to help Esri looking for a fix. 

0 Kudos
Sigurd_TofteHaagensen
New Contributor

Did you find a solution to this problem?
We are experiencing a similar error situation with ArcGIS Server 10.7.1

Faulting application name: ArcSOC.exe

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll

Our error situation is not related to cachingToolEx.gp, but regular map services 'folder/map_service_name.MapServer' crashed.

0 Kudos