Big Data Store cannot be reached, GeoEvent

Jump to solution
04-21-2016 06:25 AM
JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am currently trying to configure a web GIS with a two remote Big Data Store Nodes.

On a main server I have Portal, Server, GeoEvent and Data store all running.  Everything seems to be running fine - Server is federated, the data store is managed.  SSL Cert is set up on the machine, registered with arcgis server and binding configured with IIS

When I try and connect to the Big data store from Geoevent I am informed that none of the BDS nodes are available.

In ArcGIS Server admin I can navigate to the nosql datastore node. Server seems to have it configured fine... However When I choose the validate operation I get an Invalid Token error:

Server machine 'https://Server.domain.com:2443/arcgis/datastoreadmin/machines/BDSNode.domain.COM/validate' returned an error. 'Invalid Token.'

on the Datastore node machine I can run the describedatastore.bat command and the operation completes without any issues... It knows the portal for ags usrl, owning system URL etc...

Anybody experience this issue before when registering or working with a remote BigData Store node?

Thanks in advance for any advice, Jon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

All,

I have now resolved this problem by uninstalling the Big Data Store Node (running removemachine.bat batch file in the ArcGIS Install Datastore tools folder.. C:\Program files\arcgis\datastore\tools).  I then uninstalled the ArcGIS Datastore in programs so it was removed from the server - this in cluded me deleting any orphaned folders which were present on the C drive...  previously to try and resolve this issue I just did removemachine and then ran the configure datastore batch file again and I had no success - so this time I made sure I removed the whole application from the server and started again.

Once un-installed I Rebooted the server. I then re-installed ArcGIS Datastore and the ran the configure datastore batch file from the arcgis install to configure a SpatioTemporal Big Data Store.  In the config script I made sure that my Arcgis site URL specifically pointed to the port 6443 and was not going through the web adaptor.  I am not sure whether this would cause any problems.

On the ArcGIS Server admin API I can now navigate to data- items-nosqldatastores and validate my Big Data Store node..

The issue before may have been that when I originally installed and tried to configure the datastore node I had not got my SSL certificates correctly configured in Portal and Server - even though it reported that the datastore configuration was successful.  So I would say that it is important that your get SSL certs set up and working properly before trying to install datastore nodes. 

Thanks all (RJ Sunderman and Sagar Ayare) for advice in getting this fixed.

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SagarAyare
New Contributor III

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reaching us on this.

Here are couple of checks that you should do in GeoEvent manager:

• The Portal data store connection in GeoEvent manager with web tier credentials (portal PSA credentials)
  • If the BDS is configured correctly, the spatiotemporal tab (GeoEvent manager> Site> Spatiotemporal Big Data Stores) should list the name of the Portal data store connection (in drop down) and ‘Create Data source' button should be active.

Please let us know your results and if required we can investigate it further.

Thanks,

Sagar

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Jon – adding to Sagar's advice above, I noticed that you said that your
"
SSL Cert is set up on the machine, registered with arcgis server and binding configured with IIS".

Did you import the SSL certificate both into Server (using the Server Admin Directory)
and also into Portal (using the Portal Admin Directory)?

I think your IIS certificate needs to be imported into both products.

– RJ

JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

RJ and Sagar,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have now checked and made sure that the SSL certificate in portal, IIS, server and GeoEvent are all the same. 

Important info** - I can connect to the BDS node from GeoEvent, I am pushing data to the BDS node, I can also view this data on the feature service and map service endpoints in a web map...

However I still get the invalid token error message when I try and validate the spatiotemporal data store node from Server Admin API.  https://server-machine/arcgis/admin/data/items/nosqlDatabases/

Here's the Server log file error message (in debug mode):

The BDS log file has 0kb of data.

Am I required to also export/import SSL certificate sharing with the BDS node and the GeoEvent-Server-Portal machine?  The BDS node is on the same domain as the server-portal-geoevent machine.

Currently I have the following ports open on the BDS node:  9876, 2443, 9320, 9220

Be great to get some clarification as to why this is happening.

Cheers,

Jon

0 Kudos
JonSatchwell1
New Contributor II

All,

I have now resolved this problem by uninstalling the Big Data Store Node (running removemachine.bat batch file in the ArcGIS Install Datastore tools folder.. C:\Program files\arcgis\datastore\tools).  I then uninstalled the ArcGIS Datastore in programs so it was removed from the server - this in cluded me deleting any orphaned folders which were present on the C drive...  previously to try and resolve this issue I just did removemachine and then ran the configure datastore batch file again and I had no success - so this time I made sure I removed the whole application from the server and started again.

Once un-installed I Rebooted the server. I then re-installed ArcGIS Datastore and the ran the configure datastore batch file from the arcgis install to configure a SpatioTemporal Big Data Store.  In the config script I made sure that my Arcgis site URL specifically pointed to the port 6443 and was not going through the web adaptor.  I am not sure whether this would cause any problems.

On the ArcGIS Server admin API I can now navigate to data- items-nosqldatastores and validate my Big Data Store node..

The issue before may have been that when I originally installed and tried to configure the datastore node I had not got my SSL certificates correctly configured in Portal and Server - even though it reported that the datastore configuration was successful.  So I would say that it is important that your get SSL certs set up and working properly before trying to install datastore nodes. 

Thanks all (RJ Sunderman and Sagar Ayare) for advice in getting this fixed.

Jon