Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server Upgrade Problem

yesterday
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm going through the process of upgrading our test environment from 10.9.1 to 11.3 and have run into an issue with the Server component. Initial installation goes fine, as does authorization, etc., but once the install steps wrap up and the web browser opens, the final Server configuration page doesn't load (see the attached image). I've tried running the installation a few times, but I keep getting hung up at this stage. For additional context the Portal upgrade went off without a hitch. I've also made sure that the Windows service for ArcGIS Server is up and running. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Ben

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and tried?

Can you put the full name of the machine instead of "localhost"?

--- George T.
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Good morning George,

Yeah, tried that too; no dice. 😞

Edit: Tried using a different browser too, to now avail.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

Anything in the ArcGIS Server logs? Since you can't access Server Manager, you'd have to access the logs directly here: c:\arcgisserver\logs

Also it might be worth checking out Event Viewer. That's how I found out that our firewall was blocking ArcGIS Monitor.

0 Kudos
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Interesting question, Ryan. I looked in Event Viewer and did find something going on with ArcGIS Server under the Security logs. Did your issues resemble the attached image?

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @BenClark 

Interjecting here since I've seen this same issue, I would test with the firewall temporarily disabled, I had found that my firewall had a port that flipped in the time during the update, when correcting it everything worked out, but I didn't know until I temporarily disabled my FW.

Cody

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

That's a different error than the one I had (maybe because we were using something other than Windows Firewall). But that sounds exactly like what could be causing the issue. It's saying Windows Firewall blocked the ArcGIS Server exe, which explains why you're getting a refused connection error in the web browser.

I'm not 100% sure on how to modify the Windows firewall to whitelist it, but that's something I'd look into.

0 Kudos