arcgis server site manager takes several minutes to load

Jump to solution
07-04-2018 08:07 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello there,

I have arcGIS Server 10.5.1 version

when trying to connect to my server site, it takes up to 15 minutes to display the login page !

Here is a part of the errors I get in the console:

PS: I've installed the web adaptor for the server, and I'm acceding to the site via: https://sigserver.domain.com/arcgis/manager

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ Rebecca Strauch, GISP

please tag anyone that can helo me in this !!!

ArcGIS Server (10.0 and prior)‌ 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is the site federated with Portal? From the first error in the console, it appears it is:

If it is federated, Server will try to generate a token through the Portal. It looks like that connection is getting refused for some reason. Can you reach the portal/sharing/rest page in a browser on the Server machine?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This sounds like a server install issue and you will have to contact support for that.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

This looks like a name resolution issue to me - the ArcGIS Server hostname isn't fully qualified in that log for some reason, and you're getting a 404.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is the site federated with Portal? From the first error in the console, it appears it is:

If it is federated, Server will try to generate a token through the Portal. It looks like that connection is getting refused for some reason. Can you reach the portal/sharing/rest page in a browser on the Server machine?

SaraEL_MALKI

yes that is true, The server is federated with Portal

and I can't reach that page ...

when I remove the federation the site manager works fine, whenever I add it it takes a ton of minutes to load

by the way I didn't add the web adaptor for my server but it's added for the portal ..

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

So it does load at some point? If Server can't reach Portal, I would expect you'd just see the blue scrolling bar below indefinitely:

I'd suggest you start by troubleshooting why you can't reach https://<portal>.<domain>.com/portal/sharing/rest on the Server machine. Once you do that, then you shouldn't see the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error and hopefully you'll get a bit further. Do you use a proxy to reach the internet on the Server machine? Can you ping the hostname of the Portal? Can you reach that page on the Portal machine itself, or your desktop/another client machine?

0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

I marked your answer as correct because trough your remark I was able to spot the error,

I didn't configure my arcGIS Server with the Web Adaptor and I stilled federeated it with Portal wich was WRONG

also I didn't enable https on port 443 on web server which was also WRONG

after correcting these stuff I was able to federate the server with Portal in the right way and then everything worked fine

thank you mister Jonathan

0 Kudos