ArcGIS Server "image server" error

05-30-2018 02:39 PM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I'm getting a severe error in ArcGIS Server that has something to do with image server but I can't figure out what it is or how to stop these errors.  I don't have any image server services running so why these errors are happening.  Any advice on how to get these to stop would be great. Thanks.

SEVERE    May 30, 2018, 2:54:02 PM    Error handling request to service 'System/RasterProcessing.ImageServer'. The service 'System/RasterProcessing.ImageServer' was not found. Verify the service exists and is started.    Soap

SEVERE    May 30, 2018, 2:54:02 PM    java.lang.Exception: The service 'System/RasterProcessing.ImageServer' was not found. Verify the service exists and is started. at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.wsh.util.WSRequestUtil.getService(WSRequestUtil.java:328) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.wsh.ServiceHandlerServlet.service(ServiceHandlerServlet.java:151) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:748) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:486) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:378) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:338) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.wsh.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:181) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) at

x (x)
4 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

RasterProcessing.imageserver is a system tool and exists on all newer ArcGIS Server installations, so it does exist - it's not started by default though. I'm not sure why you're getting an error like that - but even when I start and attempt to access either the SOAP or REST endpoint for this service I get either an http 500 or 400, respectively. May be because I don't have my GIS Server configured in the ImageServer role. The error reads like something made a request to this service and couldn't find it. Which version are you working with?

RoyceSimpson

Hi Randall.  Everything you say makes sense.  The problem is, when I go into Manager, then "system" and look for any kind of raster or image service... I don't see anything.  Should there be something there by default, out of the box?

I'm runing 10.4.1.

-r

x (x)
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

It's not there in the 10.4.1 server I have access to either. I've seen weird logs when an invalid service name is accessed, but I don't see anything in the log you're looking at. Are you doing any administration in ArcMap? I ask because ArcMap makes SOAP calls to ArcGIS Server and these days would be the most common client to make a SOAP request. 

May 30, 2018, 2:54:02 PM    Error handling request to service 'System/RasterProcessing.ImageServer'. The service 'System/RasterProcessing.ImageServer' was not found. Verify the service exists and is started.    Soap

That said, I tested with ArcMap 10.6 against my 10.4.1 server, and don't see any errors like that. With that said, it looks like some client somewhere is trying to make a request to a system service that doesn't exist on this resource. Portal only makes restful calls...

Might be able to take a look at the web tier logs and correlate the time stamps and find the IP of the client that's reaching out to your server(?)

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

That all makes sound sense.  Will have peek at those web logs and see if anything pops out.

x (x)
0 Kudos