duplicate labels in the result of ArcGIS Export Web Map server tool

05-15-2018 07:12 PM
YKWong
by
New Contributor

Recently I encountered a problem on creating print service with "Export Web Map" server tool.

When Export Web Map shared as Geoprocessing Service, it accept a JSON to understand what it is going to export, here, I passed in a map service with labeled layer

. . . 
{ 
     "id": "LayerWithLabel", 
     "url": {{url}}, 
     "title": "{{title}}", 
     "opacity": 0.5, 
     "visibility": true, 
     "minScale": null, 
     "maxScale": null, 
     "visibleLayers": [ 0 ], 
     "layers": [ { 
          "id": 0, 
          "layerDefinition": { 
               "definitionExpression": {{definition string}}, 
          } 
     } ] 
}
. . .

settings applied in underlying mxd of that layer

While this layer display as expected in our system with ArcGIS javascript api, It always got tiled-like duplicate labels in the Export Web Map result. 

what the feature look like in our system

unexpected duplicate labels in the Export Web Map result

Are there any extra options in Export Web Map specification needed to remove the duplicate labels? Or is it a bug? I need something to reply to our clients.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

what are the dpi and size of the output image from your print service?

you might see this effect when print service makes multiple requests in tiled fashion to your map service to fill up an image area that is larger than the map service's maxImageHeight and/or maxImageWidth. This size of the output image depends on the dpi and exportOptoins.outputSize or the size of layout_template.

you can try by lower output dpi or outputSize or by increasing the map service's maxImageHeight and maxImageWidth.

if this does not, can you pls include your entire webmap_as_json string?

thanks.

YKWong
by
New Contributor

It works, lowering dpi under exportOptions does removes duplicate labels in the Export Web Map result. Thank You.

0 Kudos