ArcGIS Server Password reset suddenly

07-08-2017 10:43 PM
rawansaleh1
Occasional Contributor III

I couldn’t figure out why my ArcGIS server password reset suddenly without any effect from my side.

I tried to login by the user name and password but it fails to login,so I tried to reset the user name and password to re login through the site then I found that all my services were deleted.

What might be the issue here?

i used 10.5 for desktop and server.

Best,

Rawan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Does your organization have password rules that requires you to create a new password after a certain date?  Other than that, I can't think of a reason for it to reset suddenly .

Also, it doesn't make sense that all your services would be deleted, assuming that no other changes were made.  Is it possible that someone else reinstalled or over wrote the site?   Were you upgrading to a different version? Did you turn federation on or install Portal and turn federation on for that?

This might be too specific of an issue for the forums. You npmy want to create a tech support ticket do they can look at the specifics of you server and ArcGIS Server setup.

rawansaleh1

Dear Rebecca, thanks for your input.

Actually in our organization we don’t have any password rules that requires to create a new password after a certain date or time.

No one made any edits or upgrade or anything like that. I know this is a strange behavior or unexpected behavior. But I’m struggling with that. Each time I found that my password or login name was reset and there are many web applications reads from my services and that bothering my users.

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rawan,

> ... it doesn't make sense that all your services would be deleted, assuming that no other changes were made.

Is this a brand new Server site install? or has the 10.5 Server site been running smoothly and all of a sudden you are experiencing these issues?

I agree with Rebecca Strauch, GISP, I suggest you contact Esri Tech Support so they can help you investigate this further.

Hope this helps,

rawansaleh1

Dear Derek,

Thanks for your answer. Our server is running smoothly from two month ago with no such failure, but I don’t know what exactly happened

I will contact my ESRI Support to check this with them.

Best,

Rawan

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

https://community.esri.com/message/699234-re-arcgis-server-password-reset-suddenly  this was posted today.  It that a duplicate post (same organization)?  If not, that there are two of you having the issue.  To me it doesn't sound like a software issue in this case. Have you done a thorough virus scan, etc.?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. Right. We are from the same organization. We are under pressure due to the failure of our ArcGIS Server.

We managed to format the server, but after like two hours, the issue came back. Not sure which virus might cause to change the logins (resetting the password) of the ArcGIS Server. Is that really easy even with virus?

However, let’s focus the discussion here (may you please Rawan delete your post?):

ArcGIS server Site admin username and password keep changing,

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine