Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server 11.1: accent not properly encoded when "returnAdvancedSymbols"

Jump to solution
05-10-2023 07:49 AM
NicolasGIS
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Since I upgraded from ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1, many of my ArcGIS Field maps are broken.

NicolasGIS_0-1683733189550.png

In Field Maps, I have the following error:

[LOADING] Layer (Arrêts d'urgence AUG) failed to load with error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=2 "Invalid argument" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=UTF8 contains invalid characters, NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid argument., Additional Message=UTF8 contains invalid characters}

When debugging with Fiddler, I noticed that the following request:

https://agsserver.company.com/arcgis/rest/services/MyServer/FeatureServer/3?f=json&returnAdvancedSym...

returns badly encoded accent letters (I am French):

NicolasGIS_0-1683729539933.png

The funny thing is that if I remove 'returnAdvancedSymbols' parameter, it is clean:

NicolasGIS_1-1683729587546.png

I made a test with an ArcGIS Server 11.0 and even if 'returnAdvancedSymbols' parameter is specified, the response is properly encoded.

I also made a test to bypass WebAdaptor 11.1 thinking it might be the culprit but I am getting the same poorly encoded reply from ArcGIS Server.

Thanks !

NB: The error is from IOS FieldMaps. On android it does not crash but I have this weird � character instead

11 Replies
IntelliVietnam
New Contributor

I'm facing this error in ArcGIS Server 10.9.1. My system uses Windows Server 2022 Standard, SQL Server 2019 Standard (or SQL Server 2022 Standard). Any patch for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1? Thank you.

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@IntelliVietnam 

did you happen to have a latest 10.9.1 patch installed? Unfortunately this bug got introduced accidentally in that 10.9.1 patch. We apologies for that.

We are planning to address this. Meantime please reach out to your account manager.

0 Kudos