ArcGIS Server 10.3.1

01-28-2016 09:18 PM
downloadaccount
New Contributor

1. how to Connect SQL server 2008 r2 database to ArcGIS server?

2. Is there any patch or third party tool for uploading data into ql server 2008 r2 database?

3. i want to store all service definition files into database from there i want access it through ArcGIS server?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

download account wrote:

1. how to Connect SQL server 2008 r2 database to ArcGIS server?

If you have data in ArcSde in the mxd that is used for a service, you will want to Register your data with ArcGIS Server using ArcGIS for Desktop—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | Arc...

If you have ArcGIS Server, you should have access to ArcSDE (assuming you ArcGIS Server is Advanced...not sure about Workgroup)

2. Is there any patch or third party tool for uploading data into ql server 2008 r2 database?

You can use python scripts, but using ArcCatalog is probably the best way, especially if just learning about SDE

3. i want to store all service definition files into database from there i want access it through ArcGIS server?

Sorry, I have no suggestions for this.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Adding to Rebecca Strauch, GISP​'s suggestion,

Service Definitions are not meant to be stored in a database. They need to be stored in basic folders. If you want to change the default path of service definition staging folder, check the following URL.

Changing the default service definition staging folder in ArcGIS for Desktop—Documentation (10.3 and...

Think Location
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Use of Microsoft SQL-Server 2008 has been deprecated.  ArcGIS 10.4 will not support 2008 / 2008 R2 (top of page 3 in deprecation notice):

Other 10.3 Notes

[Added January 24, 2015] Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 will end with the last

release of ArcGIS 10.3 series of releases (ArcGIS 10.3.x)

It is now time to migrate to SQL Server 2012 or 2014, or some other supported database.

- V