ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 Site Configuration Not Loading

Jump to solution
02-08-2016 09:29 AM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

All,

i just installed ArcGIS for server and for some reason the page that pops up to configure our site isnt loading!

seems like im stuck on the page that loads in internet explorer saying "please wait..."  see below

anyone else run into this?

thanks

daveserver.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveTenney

ALL,

well this was interesting...

after looking at a few things, the problem was resolved by accessing the server site config via: http://localhost:6080/arcgis/admin which prompts the same steps to configure your site, just not in the pretty way youre used to when installing server.

you will also have to go in and configure your directories accordingly once you sign into manager.

thanks all for the help and hints!

Dave

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dave,

Might be a web browser issue, please review this thread for details and solutions:

ArcGIS 10.1 Server Manager not loading in Chrome

(see some of the latter posts)

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

seems like that issue may be isolated to chrome, we are using internet explorer 11.

server was installed on a machine running server 2012 r2

dave

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

This is a bug on a specific version of ArcGIS Server.  There is a patch to fix this.  It would help to know which version of ArcGIS Server you have installed.

As per derek's post..

Its an assumption you are running 10.1 on some SP level... thus.. you would need this patch to fix the chrome issue:

ArcGIS® for Server 10.1 SP1 – Server Manager Patch for Google Chrome™ and Mozilla Firefox™ | Samples...

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

were using Server 10.2.2...

I installed on one machine in the same environment with no issues, now on this new machine within the same environment it wont load.

both machines running 10.2.2

both machines using IE 11

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

update....

please wait page has been running for almost 2 hours now...not really sure whats going on!

dave

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Waiting and counting hours does not provide any benefit...

Time to troubleshoot.  what does Fiddler say is going on traffic wise? 

what does F12 show you through browser?

Does it load using localhost, yes or no ?  how about machine url if localhost is yes ?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dave,

In the last post of the thread I referenced in my earlier post, someone else ran into the same issue with ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Server. They were missing the Java Runtime Environment on the Server box. Do you have that installed?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

jre is installed at following location on server...

D:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\jre\bin

dave

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you still have it "sitting"...kill it, then try it again by including the server name instead of "localhost" which seems to be the default.  That is, open the browser and try

http://myservername:6080/arcgis/manager

That's how I usually need to do it.

0 Kudos