Previous DB user did everything under the SDE account, HELP!

02-08-2016 02:14 PM
NickAlexandrou2
New Contributor

Hello,

I will admit I am not a master at DB Management, however, I am fairly certain this was done incorrectly. The previous person in my position did all work and added all data to our SDE DB as the SDE account. This has run me into trouble as I am trying to make a web app for data editing, and I continue to get error codes that no layers are editable (I believe because everything was uploaded as the SDE account, essentially, no one but the SDE account is able to edit the data, and I can't go in and create versions, or use the REST API for data syncing).  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//0154000002w8000000

Inline image 1

I am curious, how you guys would go about talking to the database administrator here at work to go about making me a user account with DB owner privileges so I can go in, clean this up, and start making data that is versionable, editable, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If I remember correctly, that was somewhat recommended in early versions (but my mind is fuzzy).

Can you access/read the data?  How about creating a new GDB and copying the data over.  Obviosly you will have to reestablish editing etc, but might be a quicker fix and a way to upgrade the gdb to a new version.

0 Kudos
NickAlexandrou2
New Contributor

I can access and read the data. I suppose I can have our database admin create a new GDB and implement a username and privileges that will allow for editing. There's only 30 feature layers on the SDE, so I feel like I should fix it since it so empty and brand new.

0 Kudos