ArcGIS Powershell DSC configuration error

Jump to solution
02-11-2021 11:01 PM
AYUSHYADAV
New Contributor III

Hello Team,

We are facing an issue while running the Invoke-ArcGISConfiguration command on Powershell DSC.

It gives an error:-

Start-DscConfiguration : The computer name was not specified and the configuration directory does not have any configuration files.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\ArcGIS\3.1.1\ArcGIS.psm1:233 char:131.

I have attached the screenshot also.

Please help us out.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

In the JSON file that's used to pass in the parameters to the DSC (downloaded from GitHub), was that file opened and edited or just ran as is?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

In the JSON file that's used to pass in the parameters to the DSC (downloaded from GitHub), was that file opened and edited or just ran as is?

0 Kudos
schulcp
New Contributor II

Im having this same issue.

I don't see what the solution was to this.

The JSON Im using was downloaded from GitHub, Edited for my Env, and then run.

Im editing the 3 server JSON, but not the others.

Im wondering if I need to update the JSON for each server/role and then run the 3 Server JSON.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

When downloading the JSON from GitHub, you need to edit the file and enter the information for your specific deployment.  The JSON files are templates only, not to be run as is.  Also make sure that the template matches the deployment pattern that you are after (single machine, multiple machine, highly available, etc.)

0 Kudos
schulcp
New Contributor II
Yes, l have done that. The Json file was completely edited for my environment
As noted in my original post

I still got the error
0 Kudos
np_al
by
New Contributor II

Hi @schulcp 
Did you ever get a solution to this? I am having the same issue and I do not see one listed here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoshHevenor1
New Contributor III

Hi @schulcp ,  I'm seeing the same problem now.  You're post came up when I googled.  I'd try posting to the related github project, as they're pretty quick to respond.  

@ReeseFacendini there is no solution here.  

0 Kudos
schulcp
New Contributor II

I never did get a resolution. I called Esri support and walked through installing w/o powershell. I haven't circled back to see if Esri got the powershell install.