ArcGIS Enterprise Configuration Wizard - authorizing Portal

12-09-2021 04:30 AM
preliga
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have tried to upgrade my local enterprise deployment to 10.9.1 using Builder I got an error at Portal validation stage. I have uninstalled Portal manually and installed it again. I came back to Enterprise Builder, and got the following error (on the screenshot). I cannot find Software Authorization for Portal anywhere and I am confused, where should I authorize it. I tried Software Authorization Wizard with .json file but I got an error as well.

I'm sure there is a simple answer for that, but I can't find it out. Anyone can help me?

preliga_1-1639053119791.png

preliga_0-1639053087418.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Was the previous installation of ArcGIS Enterprise executed through Enterprise Builder?

Deployments set up using another method cannot be upgraded using the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder.

Moreover, Portal is licensed through a JSON file, that is generated in My Esri. A particular version of Portal requires the same version of JSON file license. e.g. You cannot license ArcGIS Portal 10.9.x using a Portal license of 10.8.x or vice versa.

The GIS Server is licensed through the ECP file.

Think Location
0 Kudos
preliga
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Jayanta, that makes sense.

Yes, previous installation was executed through Enterprise Builder. 
I have a json file, but my problem now is, where can I authorize my portal using this file? As you can see above on the screenshot, I have tried to do that in Software Authorization Wizard but it throws an error when I specify that file.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you upgrade Portal yet (using the latest ArcGIS Enterprise Builder)? While upgrading Portal, you should be redirected to a URL where you need to browse to your JSON file location, and authorize. Not sure if that manual uninstallation process has created an issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos
preliga
New Contributor II

Yes I did use Builder.

Now I uninstalled Builder and installed it again, and when the configuration finished I still got the same error.

preliga_0-1639406685265.png

Whereas I should see something like this (screenshot taken from the Esri Events video on yt).

preliga_1-1639406741945.png

Not sure what to do if reinstallation didn't help.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

One option could be installing each component of the ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment manually.

Tutorial: Set up a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS En...

Think Location
0 Kudos
preliga
New Contributor II

I tried that and I didn't work, I always end up with the error above.

I even tried to do clean uninstall of whole enterprise and installing it again, and I still have the same problem. I don't know what am I missing.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Probably you should consider contacting Esri Support

Think Location
0 Kudos