ArcCatalog exporting shapefile to geodatabase but not listed as owner of

12-14-2021 12:38 PM
ZJKosel
New Contributor III

Hi there, 

I'm trying to export a shapefile into a SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase Connection. However, I'm getting the error 000210, which says "Must be the owner to perform this operation". I have access to all the versions and can normally edit / update the data inside. Any idea how I could make the export "as an owner?"

Thanks, 

ZJK 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

what login is being used by your Geodatabase Connection file?
It is likely that it is your windows login, which may not have the required privileges in the SQL Server database to create new classes.
See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-sql-server/privileges-sqlserv...

You may need to ask someone that has Database Owner privilege to grant you the required privilege.

Or, if you have a Connection File for a login that has db_owner (or a connection for the "SDE" user), you can use this to grant the required privileges to you login via a Data Management GP tool.

ZJKosel
New Contributor III

Hi David, 

I appear to have administrator privileges on my account. However, I am still limited in the options for interacting with data. For extra information, on all the feature classes in my given geodatabase it says "The current user has: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE." However, there are some feature classes that I cannot edit, despite having the above description.

Thanks, 

ZJK

0 Kudos