Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 post-upgrade error - webhook requirements

07-25-2023 08:37 PM
MatthewSchulze
New Contributor

We have recently upgraded our 10.9.1 ArcGIS Enterprise to 11.1 using ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure. 

The process completed with one recurring error in the portal logs we have yet to address regarding webhook requirements on our ArcGIS Notebook server (see below)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to we can address this particular error?

Portal for ArcGIS error message:

WARNING - An error occurred trying to refresh the webhook configuration on server '<server URL>'. Please check server meets all webhook requirements [Portal Log code 218077]

Additional detail:
The error is repeating every 15 minutes in the portal logs but is only specific to the federated Notebook server (all other federated servers generate a 'success' log). This is consistent across two separate multi-tier ArcGIS Enterprise deployments we have recently upgraded to 11.1.

The error doesn't seem to be impacting users as we can still create ArcGIS Notebooks, configure a Webhook which runs a Notebook and the webhook responds when the configured criteria is met. 

System details:

Windows Server 2019ArcGIS Base Deployment
Windows Server 2019ArcGIS Notebook Server

Additional ArcGIS Notebook Server Details:
Docker Desktop: v4.15.0
Docker Engine: v20.10.21
Docker Images: ArcGIS Standard + Advanced (10.9.1 + 11.1)

Related
Documentation read for troubleshooting:
Webhooks in ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise
Create webhooks—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

9 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a known issue that's being worked on. Portal is requesting information for a webhook endpoint that Notebook Server doesn't support, during the federation checks. I'm not currently aware of a workaround for this, but it's safe to ignore those errors for the time being.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew,

Do you have ArcGIS Monitor installed? I'd like to understand why you're seeing the message on a 15minute interval. I wouldn't have expected to see this logged more often than every 30minutes.

For reference, this is the tracking issue number:  BUG-000159271

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
Occasional Contributor

@KevinHibma or @ReeseFacendini , we recently upgraded both of our Enterprise portals, 1. from 10.9.1 to 11.0 and 2. from 11.1 to 11.2. 

After the upgrades we installed all patches. But we see this on both. The 11.0 ArcGIS server (Hosting) is seeing this error every minute while the 11.2 ArcGIS server log is showing it hourly. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

The most common reason you see these errors are due to a closed port between the ArcGIS Server(s) and ArcGIS Data Store machine. Can you verify 45671 and 45672 are open?

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
Occasional Contributor

I have checked with our SA, and they said that they "I don't see anything blocking them. I also don't see any traffic to those servers over ports 45671 and 45672". I have also entered in a case with ESRI

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Something else comes to mind now that I read your upgrade path a bit closer.

Just so I understand, you had 11.1 (no observed errors), then upgraded to 11.2 (now seeing errors).

Are you using feature or geoprocessing webhooks? If not, I can give you the switch to disable them and it'll stop trying to recover webhooks, thus you won't see any errors. Otherwise, I think it's an issue logged recently (give this to your tech support analyst: BUG-000164209). 

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
Occasional Contributor

No, we are not using any webhooks.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

If you navigate to:

https://sever/webadaptor/admin/system/properties

Click Update

Enter the following JSON (or append it)

{"isWebhooksEnabled":false} 

You'll need to restart GIS Server.

This will prevent it from trying, thus no logs.

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. We will do this after hours. 

0 Kudos