Arabic character problem on ArcGIS server GPservice

Jump to solution
03-28-2016 01:52 AM
Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

I am trying to join a frequency result to a map service layer. I have publish a GP service from a Model. First i am running frequency tool and using result table to add join tool. I am using a field for frequency which is including Arabic characters. The result of the frequency table arabic values comes corrupted  (as ????????). I know that, i have to change regional settings to Arabic to get correct results in ArcGIS Desktop. So i changed the settings to arabic on the server also but result is same. In model i am using scratch workspace for frequency result. But service is creating the result as dbf file in jobs folder not in scratch.gdb.  I don't know this can be a reason, but if, what is the solution? When i got the corrupted result , i can not complete the join process also.

Is there any one have any suggestion?

ArcGIS server version is 10.2 on Windows OS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Unless you can get the file output to a format that has better regional support, then you will have to rely on server settings if you have had no issues with other data and its translation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I suspect the problem is the dbf creation step since that file type would know nothing about the regional settings.  There are many links on the web including this 21106 - Read and write shapefile and dBASE files encoded in various code pages from esri

Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

I could not succeed. In my server ArcGIS desktop not installed, there is only arcgis server.

I added the windows registery key but did not work.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Unless you can get the file output to a format that has better regional support, then you will have to rely on server settings if you have had no issues with other data and its translation

0 Kudos
Musa_SerkanArslan
New Contributor III

The problem is solved. Dan' s first comment has solved my problem but it took some times after i add registery key. Also i solved the writing result table to scratch.gdb file. I was selected the result tapbel properties as managed. When i unselect it, now it creates table in scratch.gdb.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bahiakamari
New Contributor

Hi Musa,

I have the same problem, when i use my print service in the Print Widget of WAB, i can't display arab letters correctly (the title of the legend is in arabic), can you explain more the procedure that you follow to solve the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Is it only PDF output that does this?

This is a different issue than Musa mentioned.

A new thread should be started for this one, as I'm pretty sure that this is specific to the print service, not the geodatabase.

0 Kudos
bahiakamari
New Contributor

Hi Randall

I have this problem with all formats (PDF,JPG,PNG8,..) except SVG, I can see arab letters but it's not linked. i know this is Encoding problem but i don't know where i have to start. Any Ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos