Adding licenses for additional cores

Jump to solution
07-21-2021 09:55 AM
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

I am upgrading our two ArcGIS Server machines (in a High Availability configuration) to each have 16 vCPUs, which is an increase from their current 8 vCPUs each. My org's Esri rep has confirmed that our ELA will cover the additional licenses that will be needed, but I'm not sure if I have to manually add the license or if it will happen automatically. 

More details: ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 Base Deployment, Servers are configured as hosting server for Enterprise

Has anyone dealt recently with adding licenses to accommodate increased cores? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No need to authorize the license again. The same ArcGIS Enterprise (already authorized in the same machine) will work on higher core as well. 

You could refer Licensing ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments in Virtualized and Cloud Environments 

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No need to authorize the license again. The same ArcGIS Enterprise (already authorized in the same machine) will work on higher core as well. 

You could refer Licensing ArcGIS Enterprise Deployments in Virtualized and Cloud Environments 

Think Location
MaryGraceMcClellan
New Contributor III

Thanks! That should make things easier. 

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Like @JayantaPoddar  said, there's no additional steps you need to take.  The license needs to be valid in MyEsri for the 16 cores, as far as our terms and conditions is concerned.

0 Kudos