unable to reauthorize after upgrading from portal 10.6.1 to 10.8.1

03-27-2021 12:57 AM
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

Hi all,

we tried to upgrade arcgis server 10.6.1 to 10.8.1. we started from the portal, as recommended

but after running the portal, we tried to reauthorize, but this error pops up:

The existing portal could not be upgraded directly from 10.2 to 10.8.1. Upgrades from 10.2 are no longer supported.

that is very weird, because our current arcgis server is 10.6.1 not 10.2. so I have no idea why this error show up.

the os we use is windows server.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend you to connect with your local Esri Support to work on the issue. They can work closely to find the root cause of the issue, and help in its resolution.

By the way, I hope you have obtained the JSON authorization file for ArcGIS Portal 10.8.1, to authorize your portal.

Was ArcGIS Portal 10.6.1 running fine prior to its upgrade to 10.8.1?

Earlier, ArcGIS Portal 10.6.1 was a fresh install or upgraded from older version?

Think Location
0 Kudos
NABAZGHARIBMOHAMMED
New Contributor III

hi @JayantaPoddar 

yes  we have the json authorization file from esri, and we tried reauthorize with that json.

the previous version was 10.6 then upgraded to 10.6.1., which both support direct upgrade to 10.8.1

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would go straight to Tech Support

0 Kudos
ZeeshanKhan1
New Contributor III

Hi,

Does anyone find a resolution? I am facing the same problem when upgrading from 10.7.1 to 10.9. I know going to ESRI support might take ages.

0 Kudos