Using the same colorbar in different grids.

06-06-2013 08:39 AM
LuigiLombardo
New Contributor
Hello,

I have 2 grids ranging 0.1-0.8 and 0.1-0.4. Each cell expresses a probability.
I would like to use the color ramp (going from blue to white to red) I chose for the first grid (0.1-0.8) with the very same color values also for the second grid.
In this way, for the first grid I should have the three colors in the map, where for the second map I should see only blue and white.
I would like to do this exploiting the stretched mode and not by classifying.

Thanks in advance for your support.
Luigi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
This is not possible unless you have the same range of values(min and max) for the renderer to stretch the color scheme across. By definition, a stretched rendering will use the minimum value for the first color, the maximum value for the last color, and pick the intermediate color values based on the stretch between min and max. So, you would need to modify your raster dataset to have the same minimum and maximum values to recreate the same rendering. You could use a con() statement to only keep values within the original range, and then alter 2 pixels at the edge to recreate the min/max you require.
Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
It's totally doable.  I've used it to visually 'combine' elevation datasets without actually mosaicking them.

In the symbology tab go down to where it says stretch type and change it from Standard Deviations to Minimum-Maximum.  That brings up a check box next to the max/min values at the top, called Edit High/Low Values.  Tick it on and type in your desired max & min values that the stretch is based on.  That will override the usual stretch based on the data and stretch it however you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25269[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25270[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25271[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
Nice, Trish! Thanks for the tip. (I toggled your answer up a vote)
Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
You're welcome! 😄 And thanks for the vote!
0 Kudos