unable to create the group at this time

Jump to solution
11-09-2016 10:48 PM
OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I've installed portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 on a new server, with web adaptor and CA certificate.

While I'm trying to add a group, I get this message "unable to create the group at this time".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ofra

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A known bug

• BUG-000099447 - Unable to upload files or create groups in the Portal home application after updating the browser to Firefox 49, Chrome 54, or Safari 10.

Use this patch Portal for ArcGIS Home Application Upload Patch 

Think Location

View solution in original post

15 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A known bug

• BUG-000099447 - Unable to upload files or create groups in the Portal home application after updating the browser to Firefox 49, Chrome 54, or Safari 10.

Use this patch Portal for ArcGIS Home Application Upload Patch 

Think Location
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

I'm having trouble with the patch suggested, is there a patch for the patch? 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you install the appropriate version of patch. Are you using Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1?

Think Location
0 Kudos
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

Yes I am. For now I worked around by using Internet Explorer to create a group, but it would be nice for our users to be able to create their own. I've tried it on two separate Windows 7 machines, same result. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

Should I be installing this on the user or server machine?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The one where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.

Think Location
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

Ok well I was able to successfully install on portal machine, which is the server, but even after closing and reopening Chrome, logging out and into portal, I get the same error message.

0 Kudos
NadineTrahan1
New Contributor III

Jayanta since there is a work around, I will create all the user groups with Internet Explorer, as there much bigger issues I need to move onto. Thanks anyway for your help.

JennieCatalano1
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue.  We're running 10.4.1, I'm running Chrome 55, installed the above patch and still can't add groups.  

0 Kudos