Text Box Moves When Exporting to PDF

04-25-2014 07:51 AM
KellyFischer
New Contributor
Hi all<3

I'm having some problems with exporting my map to PDF. When the map has exported, text boxes sometimes move/bump themselves over away from my guides and out of my boarder. I've tried manually moving the texts on the MXD to compensate for this, I've changed the anchor points (from default bottom left, to lower right, center, etc), and some other tactics but nothing's worked. I don't know if it's the text formatting in my text box that's messing it up, or if it's a glitch, or what. Any insight and/or a solution would be much appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33374[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Please mention the version of ArcGIS for Desktop. Would it be possible for you to send me a map package for test.
0 Kudos
KellyFischer
New Contributor
Please mention the version of ArcGIS for Desktop. Would it be possible for you to send me a map package for test.

Hi, thank you, I'm using 10.2.1 but I had this same problem occur while using 10.1 (I believe?) prior my recent upgrade. As I mentioned, it is a sporadic occurrence. If it were just me using the MXDs I'm creating, then it wouldn't be an issue, I would just adjust as needed. But because this is occurring in MXDs that I'm developing as our department's templates, and less GIS-experienced members will be using these, I appreciate your help in solving this bizarre issue.

I have am trying to attach a map package that was presenting this issue last week, but now the text isn't moving over as it had before. (Restarting generally doesn't solve this issue.) But in trying to upload the package it's giving me a warning saying the size is too large (which is odd as it's only 7,066kb) "Request Entity Too Large The requested resource /newattachment.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
ArcWS/4.0.20 Server at forums.arcgis.com Port 80"
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
You can email (nidhinkn@live.com) me the map package.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Thanks for sending the .mpk. I had tested it in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2 and it was fine. If you have 10.2.2 installed on your machine, please test it and let me know how it works. Incase if I find 10.2.1 around me, I can test it and update you.
0 Kudos