Select to view content in your preferred language

Show feature attachments as links not available

03-01-2023 07:19 AM
LoriRadunzel-Davis
Occasional Contributor

We use Map Viewer Classic and it was just pointed out to me that in one of our maps photos attached to features are no longer available.

We are a water utility and this is about a set of our production features.  It has been added to the map as a map image layer.  When I test it out in a new map, at first the option to view attachments is there:

LoriRadunzelDavis_0-1677682784224.png

But, for this map, we want to symbolize our mains differently than the custom one from when it was first published.  When I change the symbology to be by diameter, the check box is gone and attachments are not available in any of the feature classes grouped into that map image layer.

LoriRadunzelDavis_1-1677683015057.png

The symbology of that one feature class is the only thing I've changed.

This didn't happen when I added the feature layer, but for the map this is in, I would like to not use the feature layer.

Is there some way around this so the attachments can still be viewed?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
berniejconnors
Frequent Contributor

Lori,

I don't have an answer for why the option for attachments disappears when you change the symbology.  But let me tell you what we do when we have attachments or downloads related to a feature.  We store the full URL as an attribute for each feature.  In a custom pop-up we use html to format the URL attribute as a hyperlink:

attachments3.png

The yellow highlighted area in the image above shows that we are using an attribute "FILE_URL" to create a hyperlink to download a lidar point cloud file.  This link could easily be a PDF or JPG image.  The app is public and you can check it out here - http://geonb.snb.ca/li/

I hope this helps with your problem.

Bernie.

0 Kudos