Select to view content in your preferred language

Replace Vector Tile Layer fails

11-03-2022 03:05 PM
AspenN
by
Regular Contributor

I have a script that runs and will publish and replace vector tile layers in portal. We have many vector tile layers that have to be updated on a regular basis. Every time I run this script, it works for most layers (~30 layers) but 2-3 random layers (it's different every time) end up failing on the replace stage with an error "Failed to replace service". If I go into Portal manually and try to replace the vector tile layers with the updated layer I just published to portal, I get an "undefined" warning and the original vector tile layer doesn't add to a map anymore. The only work around I have found is to delete the original vector tile pack and publish a new one with the same name. However, this requires me to update the script with the new item id and is not ideal. Any idea as to why vector tile layers will randomly fail to be replaced and will become undefined?

14 Replies
AspenN
by
Regular Contributor

This issue seems like it might be fixed starting at Enterprise 11.1

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger
Frequent Contributor

We still face the issue in 11.1 and start testing 11.2 hopefully at the end of the week.

0 Kudos
StefanUseldinger
Frequent Contributor

I am still facing this issue in 11.2

0 Kudos
AdminAccount2
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone resolved this issue or determined there is an open bug with ESRI ? It's February 2024 and it still persists - I'm unable to replace a vector tile layer from either the API using python or even directly from using the Replace Layer tool on the Details page of the vector tile layer on portal.

0 Kudos
GregHorne
Regular Contributor

I can confirm today that ReplaceWebLayer for vector tile packages does not work in AGOL. 

This looks like the bug: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-error-messages-error-000952-failed-to-execute-unabl-bug-00015...

I don't remember the version of AGOL but the command used to work a couple of years back.

0 Kudos