Select to view content in your preferred language

Re-Allocate User Type Licenses in Portal

yesterday
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello!  Is it possible somewhere in the Portal Admin to re-allocate user type licenses?  We have 500 licenses for our organization.  It is split evenly between Creator and Viewer each getting 250.  However, since we use Survey123 heavily we have used up almost all our Creator licenses while only a few Viewer ones have been used.  Can I re-allocate a 100 of the Viewer over to Creator?  I scoured the internet and ESRI articles but no answer found.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @ahagopian_coj 

If I'm understanding correctly, you would like to have 350 Creator licenses and 150 Viewer licenses to accomidate more people on Survey123?

If that's the case, you will have to purchase the additional licenses, and once purchased, you will need to generate a new license file through MyEsri and upload it to your Portal.

From what I can tell, there is no way to transform the licenses while inside the Enterprise Portal.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, let me know and I can try to figure it out!

Cody

0 Kudos
gcromley
New Contributor II
Greetings. The User types have a different cost for each. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/roles.htm In my conversation with our ESRI reps, you cannot convert one type to another. You can probably cut back on the number of viewers and increase the number of creators, but that will cost more money. Also, over the summer, ESRI released a new user type structure with associated change in cost. It will hit use when we renew our contract in 2025. I believe the creator type has been combined with one of the geospatial professional user types. Ultimately, your question should be addressed to your ESRI account representative. Depending on your contract, some of what I have included in this response may not be applicable. Prior to my current position, I managed an academic license at a liberal arts college. They get a huge discount, and give you everything in bulk at a very small cost. Even working for local government, every individual item you want from the ESRI ecosystem is something that you pay for. I hope this helps.