Portal token issues with FeatureServer

Jump to solution
04-07-2016 11:19 PM
LachlanWainwright
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone

I have not placed a ticket with ESRI Australia yet.......just seeing if anyone has had the same problem.

We have ArcGIS Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 using AD authentication and federated with ArcGIS Server. Both on same server (Windows 2012) and fully patched. Portal/AGS, each with their own web adapter.

I am getting issues with tokens when displaying or querying a featureserver. Essentially I cannot see a features when using the map viewer in Portal or performing a query from the rest endpoint of AGS for the FeatureServer. The message from AGS rest once pressing Query (Get) is:

Unable to complete operation.

Unable to perform query operation.

We can query the same MapServer without problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?? It seemed to start once the patching had been completed.

The messages from AGS log is:

Token is not a valid Admin token. Trying portal token next. Token = BaM6fpKag78K2HqpfjTit3cvUcuhmAVWyZ_dh08h6fQ7UgVmep0P8K7AO8XyQhCRajbIK8rgUA5p5ZwWvaZcbH7n_tqs1wuUjyemMVMmA6giOq2lY7qmY1Wr2dLVYQyfXTh275uBRCUcSmBYsFNueDHQwMoKv42ucHABg_pjH5uNARiK01-3-C4PNEMgv-LJtDNZfqFVrgEB4U9A1vngw9ZLTaZWk5D0Sa4uXpMwgY8h-KKlfRS_NPXOThe17UUu, referrer = https://XXXXXXX/arcgisserver/manager/log.html#lgf=type%2Ctime%2Cmessage%2Csource&lqlf=DEBUG&lqa=last... not decrypt token. Token may not be valid.

Thanks

Lachlan

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can ignore the "token is not a valid Admin token" error.  Since you're federated, you're actually using a Portal admin token to reach Manager, not a Server admin token, (using the PSA account, for example).  The error is just letting you know it's not a Server admin token, and it'll try with the Portal token next.

If you were to set the logs to Debug or Verbose when querying, do you see any errors?  It's interesting that the map service works fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VishalSharma2
New Contributor

Hi. We are having the same issue in ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1. I am wondering if you know the resolution of this problem.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can ignore the "token is not a valid Admin token" error.  Since you're federated, you're actually using a Portal admin token to reach Manager, not a Server admin token, (using the PSA account, for example).  The error is just letting you know it's not a Server admin token, and it'll try with the Portal token next.

If you were to set the logs to Debug or Verbose when querying, do you see any errors?  It's interesting that the map service works fine.