Portal Groups no longer have content

Jump to solution
07-05-2021 01:27 PM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a weird issue that's occurred recently. I had to restart the virtual machine hosting our Enterprise deployment. When back online none of my content was showing up. This had happened before so I re-indexed the Portal. And all the necessary content is there - however now none of the Groups have retained the content that was initially shared with them.

They all display "No Items Yet" when browsing to the Group's Content page - even though on the Overview page it lists the items that were initially shared to the group.

This goes for the group we had configured to show on the Featured Content/Home Page. Since the group isn't registering the maps/apps/data as added, tehy don't show up on the Home Page.

I've attempted to re-index again - but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. Any advice or suggestions? Will this necessitate re-building the Index - not just re-indexing via the Portal Administrator Rest API?

Thanks,

Henry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Henry
by

I ended up stopping and restarting the Portal service (not the whole machine) on the VM hosting our ArcGIS Enterprise deployment - that fixed the problem I was having.

Henry

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Henry
by

I ended up stopping and restarting the Portal service (not the whole machine) on the VM hosting our ArcGIS Enterprise deployment - that fixed the problem I was having.

Henry
BillLotz

Glad I fond this post! Exact same thing happened to me. We had recently restarted our servers and the index looked good, just the groups, even showing content on overview tab, had no content available.

I was stumped until I found your simple solution!