Select to view content in your preferred language

Portal Fails on Server Role? Can I ignore this?

Jump to solution
05-23-2023 10:09 AM
Labels (2)
CarrieQuast
Occasional Contributor

Hello there - I don't know if this is an error that indicates a bigger problem, or that I am missing a piece.

We are doing a new install of ArcGIS Enterprise, 11.1 on a Server 2022.  Everything installed fine, my webadaptors are working, and I got the server federated.

The only piece that was missing was I got an "Unable to load the ArcGIS Server backing stores and/or the ArcGIS Server license Information.

CarrieQuast_0-1684861187538.png

I found that I could assign a server role through portal administrator, which I did with no problems.

When I go to the logs, this is the error (note: my domain name is removed in the screen shot below)

CarrieQuast_3-1684861524172.png

It looks like its not finding the raster store, which I'm fairly certain I didn't install.

I've done a repair on the portal, server, and datastore.  My federated server in portal comes back as "all systems operational", in Server Manager, my ArcGIS_Data_Store validates as well.

So, my question is, can I ignore this, or do you know of a way to fix it?

I'm still learning how all this works, so there may be something that I missed when I set this up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I found the following article and it seems that the internal certificate is the issue:

You can probably ignore it, but it is best practice to use a CA signed certificate in your deployments.

Here is the documentation on how to import a CA signed cert into Portal and Server Admin endpoints:

Note that the server/domain certificate that you use for Portal and Server should be issued to the hosting machine's FQDN and not the DNS alias.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I found the following article and it seems that the internal certificate is the issue:

You can probably ignore it, but it is best practice to use a CA signed certificate in your deployments.

Here is the documentation on how to import a CA signed cert into Portal and Server Admin endpoints:

Note that the server/domain certificate that you use for Portal and Server should be issued to the hosting machine's FQDN and not the DNS alias.

CarrieQuast
Occasional Contributor

My issue was that I didn't fully import the certificate into server - I got it uploaded, but failed to configure it.  The last bullet point (Configuring https using an existing...) gave instructions on how to configure it. Once I got it configured, I restarted the server for good measure, and than tried again.

Thank you for your help!

JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Awesome!! Glad it worked out!

0 Kudos