pop ups not working in Chrome

Jump to solution
04-06-2021 02:16 PM
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III

Pop ups for maps and apps in enterprise portal are working in IE but NOT in Chrome. A few weeks ago I noticed Chrome not opening ftp sites so I edited chrome://flags to enable flags. How do I get pop ups to work again in Chrome? do I need to enable something in Chrome?

Thanks!🙄

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III

I tried the advice from another thread to keep  Chrome 'Zoom' at 100% at that is allowing the pop-ups to work again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
MarkInsco
New Contributor II

We have had the same issue for some, but not all, users (pop-ups working in Edge Chromium but not Chrome), and opened Case #02771743 if you want to reference that when talking with Esri.  One recommendation they provided was to re-install Web AppBuilder, but since we are working toward moving our Web Apps from ArcGIS Online to Portal (where we have a separate install of Web AppBuilder), and Edge seems to be an interim solution, we have not yet prioritized that re-install.

ElizabethDonahue
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply and I certainly will reference your open case when I call Esri.
I hesitate to re-install Web AppBuilder as I strongly feel that it is a recent Chrome issue.
0 Kudos
MarkInsco
New Contributor II

Agreed.

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

Issue has been identified by ESRI last week. It has to do with JavaScript API 3.30 or lower in combination with Google Chrome 89.  Issue started to occur after a Google Chrome update.

it varies per user and screen resolution settings if you get the issue. Also see this post posted lasted week.

Workaround for now is to update the JavaScript API to 3.31 if possible.

MarkInsco
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@MarkInsco there Bug logged in the system which will address this issue for Portal users.

BUG-00013868: User is unable to identify or click on Map Viewer with Google Chrome version 89.0.4389.90 or higher for Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.1 or Portal for ArcGIS 10.8 on some machines.

An alternate workaround is to use Edge or Firefox while we wait for the fix.

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

That is interesting as all browser issues we have experienced are IE or Edge. Our first troubleshooting question is which browser are you using. Most of the time when they switch to Chrome or Mozilla it fixes the problem. 

Have you tried doing a fresh install of Chrome? Make sure you accepting Cookies. 

0 Kudos
ilaria_agnelli
New Contributor

Since two weeks we are experiencing the same issue for apps and maps in enterprise portal 10.7.1 for some Chrome users.  The Javascript API version was 3.28; we upgraded to 3.31 as suggested but the users still get the error.

0 Kudos
Jelle_Stu_PR
Occasional Contributor II

When using ArcGIS Enterptise, I think the fix needs to be (also) a different one. I think that is what Shelley indicated here above. 

0 Kudos