Not all layers are publishing (No error Messages)

10-14-2021 01:37 PM
ByronUsswald
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I seem to be having an issue with publishing. When trying to publish a feature service, I see every single layer published in my map service, but in the feature service, layers are missing. Has anyone experienced this before?

7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you publishing from ArcMap to your GIS Server?

Try publishing only the Map Service (Don't enable "Feature Access" while publishing). Once the map is published successfully, Edit the Service > Capabilities > Enable "Feature Access" > Save and Restart.

Refresh the REST directory URL, if required. Does the issue persist?

Think Location
0 Kudos
ByronUsswald
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta. No luck... I enable feature access from server manager and then get an error once the service is published saying service was published with errors.

Layers are still not present in the feature service. Any other ideas that could help?

GavinMcGhie
Occasional Contributor

Old thread yes, but I just ran into this same issue. Any resolutions?

Thanks

Sean-Sweeney
New Contributor II

I second what @GavinMcGhie says - I am also having this same issue and wondering if anyone ever found a solution.

Thanks

LysaFréchette
New Contributor

Same issue here.....

AlexVideka
New Contributor III

Also running into this issue.

What's werid in my case is the missing layer is a copy of another layer included in the FS (different def queries on the same layer).

I am wondering whether it could be symbology related? When I go to publish I get warnings about symbols being downgraded but in the past this warning hasn't resulted in missing FS layers...

0 Kudos
AlexVideka
New Contributor III

So in my case, I had a faulty symbology definition applied to the missing layer in my feature service. See below. I had a symbology class with no associated value. Fine for a map service, not OK for a feature service.

The drawbacks of reusing / importing symbology across projects has been felt and noted haha.
featureserviceissue.pngSomething that helped trace the cause was checking the server logs for the service and seeing a severe message: "Initialization of Layer: Storm Main failed."

Hope this helps future users!