Select to view content in your preferred language

New ArcGIS Repair Patch on the 21st of March. Can someone advise?

04-01-2024 04:23 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

ESRI released a second version of the Portal for ArcGIS Validation and Repair patch on the 21st of March for 10.9.1. The second version states in the notes: " There is no need to run this new tool if you already used the previous version of the tool to successfully validate your Enterprise portal."

However, it will now remain as an available patch in the Enterprise Patch Notification tool. Is there a way we can get this removed from the list, seeing as our first patch in March did the trick?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Was this patch fixing a major issue with Portal?

Is there any documentation on what this patch is supposed to fix in Portal?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is the text from the web page for the tool:

March 21, 2024: A new setup is now available for the Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1 Validation and Repair tool. This new version of the tool includes resolutions for a possible upgrade failure and issues running the tool with no available disk space. This version also enhances tool resiliency when it is terminated during a repair and provides more informative logging. There is no need to run this new tool if you already used the previous version of the tool to successfully validate your Enterprise portal.

https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/portal-for-arcgis-validation-and-repair

Hope this help clear up any questions on the "re-released" tooling.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

hi @George_Thompson , regarding my original post; do you know if it's possible to remove this new patch from the Enterprise Patch Notification tool, seeing as we don't need to use it?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I am not sure about this. I would contact technical support to see if they have anything additional.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

I noticed today a new patch for Portal at 11.2, the 

Portal for ArcGIS Security 2024 Update 1 Patch

but I can't seem to find any info on it.  We're experiencing some issues with content like Map Viewer symbol categories being not available and our 11.2 Instant Apps Gallery will not load any instant apps.

Maybe this will help?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor