Select to view content in your preferred language

Published Layer Title Double in Portal

02-20-2024 07:07 AM
Labels (3)
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I am looking to a quirk that came up.  In Portal, when adding a federated service to a map viewer, it doubles the title of the layer in the table of contents.  An example is: Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements - Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements.  In Map Viewer Classic it does not do this. It only lists Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements once. Does this in all browsers.

It looks like it is combining the Layer: Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements from the rest end point and adding the name which is Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements.

Layer: Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements

Name: Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements

Portal at 10.9.1. 

The data is coming from and enterprise geodatabase and pushed through ArcGIS Federated Server.  I have republished the service thinking it might be a quirk with a domain or subtype being the field that a symbology is set to.  I have taken just this layer and tried registering service in Portal.  It seems to take on the registration name and appends the layer name.  So it turns into something like Jurisdictional Test - Jurisdictional Transfer Agreements.

Any ideas why this is happening or how to stop it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StevenBell2
New Contributor III

I've had that happen when I publish an entire project versus publishing the layer individually.  If you publish the entire project it treats it like a group with a layer underneath it.

You should be able to bring the layer into the map individually if you want by adding just the /0 layer.

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Hi Steven,

That was one of the tests I ran.  I have added the it individually, I have added direct from the server, and I have created a brand new Pro project and published up a new service with just that layer in it.  No dice.  It still has the same behavior.

0 Kudos
StevenBell2
New Contributor III

Did you right-click the layer in the map and publish from there rather than from the ribbon on the top? 

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Hi Steven,

I have been at this with ESRI support for over a month now and did a bunch of tests.  I did your option as well.  It still double names with a hyphen.  I am beginning to think this is "expected" behavior.

0 Kudos